Dewey Property Advisors focuses on select tenant, buyer and seller representation in the greater Asheville market providing turnkey brokerage services for buyers and sellers alike. From retailers opening multiple stores, to developers looking for commercial sites, to office tenants in need of relocation, expansion or lease renewal services, we offer full service and support.
Asheville is a very shallow real estate market with high barriers of entry. One of the greatest things about Asheville is its diversity and this known fact transcends to the commercial real estate market as well. Land is expensive and grading sites to create flat sites is even more expensive. Learning how to navigate the local planning and zoning process can be costly and fruitless if you are not aligned with someone that has local expertise and experience in site assemblage. Finding the right location takes time and patience.
The Asheville market has changed significantly in the last decade. New developments in retail and office have brought higher quality space and higher rents to the market. Demands on Landlords have increased in recent years and they are passing them through to tenants. It is not enough in this competitive environment to just know where you would like to locate your business. Many more complex variables must be addressed:
- What are you paying for and what are you getting for that rent? Parking, Janitorial, Common Area Maintenance?
- Are you signing a personal guarantee?
- How long is your lease term?
- Can you sublease if things don’t go as planned?
- Do you have to continuously operate your business to be in compliance with your lease?
- Do you have a Right of First Refusal to expand your space?
- What are the seasonal sales patterns?
- Where do locals shop? Tourist?
- What Area of Town is right for your retail store? Why?